lake-george.com
navigation bar Racing Corinthians
 

LGCYC Board Meeting

June 6, 2005

In Attendance: Charlie Pound, Marie Murphy, Bob Miller, Cathy Olsen, Steve Jackson, Doug Purdy, Dave Dougal, Spence Raggio.

Meeting called to order at 6:35 pm

Minutes for May meeting approved: Motion by Marie, seconded by Steve

Treasurer’s Report: Current balance is $2,469.26. Additional funds to be added for four new sailing members and one social member — $550. Account will be debited approx. $450 for Season Opening Social at Gaffney’s.

Newsletter Editor Report  - Spencer took the current newsletter and will adapt it to PDF and put it on the website.  He will send an email to member email list to check website for newsletter info. Information for newsletter should be sent to Marie Murphy at mmurphy@prudentialmanor.com by Friday, June 10 for next newsletter. Marie will send formatted newsletter to Spencer.

Ti Race Update: Prizes have been purchased. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in three classes; a trophy in the multi-hull class; winner of the spinnaker class with receive the Brodie Cup; there will be an award for the biggest fundraiser. Prizes are sail bags. Bob Brodie has given us a pontoon boat for the entire day. There are three people for set-up and shore side crew. Deb Katz has food set up all arranged. Please download flyers from website and post everywhere! T-shirts for the race will be picked up from the printer the Friday before the race. Spencer and Cathryn are coordinating that. Also, Cathryn will order 20 burgees for the store.  We have approximately ten in stock now.

Restaurant Fundraiser: We have received $200 from Fredericks and $150 from Adirondack Brew Pub in Lake George. These monies are for the 2004 race and checks need to be picked up. For this year, the restaurants that have signed on are: Carl R’s, Frederick’s, Adirondack Brew Pub, Boardwalk, Steamship Co., Boathouse.

Social Committee: Opener at Gaffney’s was a success. Approx. 25 people attended. After sailing get-togethers will be alternated between raft up and Boathouse. Check in for where raft up taking place.

Race Committee: Dave Dougall will update race list (PHRF ratings). Yellow Cruise Division: no changes. Green Division: Races will be windward/leeward format, using a "W" course instead of tradition "I" course, so that committee boat is set up at leeward mark, not in the center of the course.

Course Marker Sheet: Charlie will get to Dave

It was suggested and approved that a storage shed for flags and supplies should be purchase and put down at Yankee. A 6’ Rubbermaid cabinet will be purchased and a combination lock will be placed on it. Dave will take care of purchase.

Also, request from Dave for Committee Boat Flags was approved. Dave will get from West Marine. Also mentioned was the fact that horn and VHS radio missing. Dave will check with John Brodie.

Membership Committee: Doug will send out an email to all on email list that now is the time to renew membership. Doug will direct to website for renewal info.

Y-Knot Learn to Sail Programs: 26 people attended the 2005 program. Spencer had to turn away 10 people.

The Chowder Fest raised approximately $2000 for Y- Knot.

Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm

Next meeting is July 11, 2005 at Carl R’s in Queensbury.